Leadership. Mentorship. Success.
We’re a team of successful college students who want to guide you on your own path to leadership and success.
Having achieved success in high school despite encountering social, cultural, and other personal obstacles, the members of the Illumna team are committed to equipping our mentees with the same tools helped us get to where we are today. We believe that being college students fresh out of high school is actually our greatest strength as mentors.
We're Growing... Fast
When we launched last year, our team consisted of four mentors. Now, we have 21 members spread throughout three branches in Fort Lee, Palisades Park/Ridgefield, and Demarest. The Illumna team will only continue to welcome more members and expand into new locations in coming years.
Recent Mentor Achievements
○ Became Finance Chair for the UPenn NAACP, Penn’s social justice organization aimed at representing the colored students on campus
○ Became Vice President of Mentorship for the Transfer Student Organization
○ Helped organize concerts to bring artists such as Omar Apollo and Choker as part
of SPEC (Social Planning and Events Committee) Jazz & Grooves
○ Received various scholarships (CPA Stanley Merves award, David Cohn Memorial Scholarship, and Fox Alumni Scholarship)
○ Took on role as president for his student professional organization called Temple University’s Business English Lingua Franca, which is an organization aiming to help students with public speaking and interviewing skills.